Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question for anyone who has been on Wheel of Fortune  (Read 1473 times)

jukeboxhero

Question for anyone who has been on Wheel of Fortune
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »

Has anyone ever been successful in obtaining a copy of either the press photos they take of the contestants on the set, or the “Hometown Howdy” promo, from their local affiliate or newspaper? I taped my episode of Wheel back in January, which airs this coming week, and have been trying to at least get the photo since I returned from the trip.

My local station also owns the local newspaper, and thus far I have been unable to get either item. I’ve spoke to the Program Director at the station, who had no idea a local was going to be on the show. She did say that she would do what she could, but I have not heard back.

Does anyone have any ideas of anyone else I might try to contact?

Thanks in advance for your input!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

I would try again with the local newspaper. When I was on Millionaire, I contacted the city editor and the guy who writes for the TV section -- and one or the other was able to get me both of my press photos.

Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Bryce L.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »

My only other suggestion would be to contact Sony (I think they\'re the ones who produce Wheel, right?) and try to get it straight from them...

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:01:01 AM »

Wheel has a publicity department. Contact them.

-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

jukeboxhero

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 09:15:16 AM »
Wheel has a publicity department. Contact them.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I had really dismissed the idea of contacting anyone at Wheel due to them telling us that they would distribute nothing to us. However a little Googling revealed an e-mail for the publicity department, and within five minutes, I had a photo of myself from the taping. Strangely, it was not one of the dedicated press photos taken before the game.

Thanks again!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
Honestly, I\'d go with them (note to self: contact them). Would they have anything going back to the 2005-06 season?